We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don’t believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
Primary function of the Finished Goods Specialist role is to ensure the correct routing, accuracy and timely delivery of goods for sale to all customers and distribution points. Position will also be responsible to create and monitor systematic transactions of those Finished Goods to ensure proper transfer of ownership and billing requirements. Systematic responsibilities will include Instacount, Tecsys, Lawson and other programs as required in the processing of requests. The CPS Finished Goods Specialist creates Bills of Lading for products released from contract sterilizer and works directly with contracted 3rd party transportation carriers to schedule pickup and delivery of goods. Works under direct supervision and follows instruction from supervisors, team leaders or others designated to assist leadership in assignments of work. Position also will be responsible to work closely with Production Planner, Device Administrators and QA team members for information related production scheduling, contract pricing and product availability. This position involves direct interaction with co-workers, managers, department directors, ROi contractors and customers and relies on the instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Product Shipping and Delivery:
1. Communicates with Sterile Load Specialist, Supervisor, Production Planner, QA and contract sterilizer in regards to sterile load configuration and product availability.
2. Monitors all available products located at contract sterilizer and consolidates for shipping.
3. Communicates with appropriate transportation carriers to coordinate and schedule shipment by customers and distribution point.
4. Confirms customer (consignee) delivery of all shipped goods through Proof of Delivery (POD).
5. Reconciles any delivery discrepancies related to shipment quantities that are Over, Short & Damage (OS&D) along with any pricing issues
6. Coordinates and determines shipping mode: TL, LTL, Parcel, Expedite
1. Prepares Bills of Lading for shipments by transportation carriers, customer and distribution point that accurately reflects quantities and items to be sold.
2. Receives signed Bills of Lading for carriers upon pickup of goods and receives signed Bills of Lading and POD once delivered to customer.
3. Stores all shipping documentation to applicable records storage and retention policies.
4. Tracks all shipments from contract sterilizer and estimates ETA for all deliveries
5. Communicates with Pack Managers to update delivery progress of existing, new or revised kits.
1. Generates systematic transfers (ICPO) of FG to appropriate warehouse(s)
2. Creates purchase orders as required for commercial customers
3. Communicates with customers to determine PO quantities
4. Performs systematic functions to finalize Work In Progress (WIP)
5. Work with MIF on setting up new items or converting an already stocked component to a CPS shared item.
Because you’re committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That’s why you’ll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We’re proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.