We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don’t believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
Supervises a centralized team of purchasing professionals for all of Mercy Health. The Supervisor-Purchasing works in conjunction with other Purchasing Supervisors and Managers to ensure that the most efficient approach and use of resources in the areas of product sourcing, purchase order processing, purchase order follow up, invoice and pricing discrepancy resolution and daily vendor relationships are utilized. The Supervisor-Purchasing understands that there must be collaboration and communication with other supervisors and managers on the Purchasing team and that workload adjustment may be necessary in order to meet the needs of our co-workers and customers. The Supervisor-Purchasing understands that there must be collaboration and communication with other supervisors and managers on the Purchasing team in regard to time and attendance policies and all other departmental policies while ensuring that the highest level of service is provided to all customers. Enforces business, financial and organizational controls while enforcing contract compliance the product standardization. The Supervisor-Purchasing facilitates the day to day relationship with contract and non-contract vendors, the Mercy Accounts Payable Shared Services, ROi Contract Managers, CSC Operations and the Unified Supply Chain. Focus is on the ongoing service and enhancement of a minimally intrusive and customer focused purchasing process. The Supervisor-Purchasing will perform all work in accord to the mission, vision, and values of Mercy Health. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, including principles and Mercy Service Standards.
Purchasing Activity and Vendor/Customer Relations
1. Coordinated and monitor the daily tasks and workload of the central Purchasing staff, work directly with other Purchasing Supervisor and Managers to redirect workload tasks as needed while observing, developing, modifying and implementing processes to increase and ensure the daily efficiency of the overall Purchasing team performance.
2. Ensure that contract pricing is honored, that product standardization is upheld and that organizational controls are followed while ensuring the most efficient order process and customer service is accomplished using the tools and technology available.
3. Responsible for the routine daily processing of Mercy Health purchase orders while exerting oversight and direction for PO creation by MCES and Facilities Maintenance and Customer Blanket Orders and oversees the administration of Mercy PCards.
4. Monitor team member's work performance by listening, observing and helping the Managers to interpret reports, metrics and observations to evaluate team and team member and purchasing service levels.
5. Ensure negotiated cost avoidance and cost savings are documented and reported to Manager both weekly and monthly.
6. Ensure that all purchase orders and customer and vendor inquiries are addressed and managed within service level standards.
7. Support and provide input into the design and structure of the Purchasing team, processes and technology to ensure maximum customer service is provided to Mercy Health, ROi and ROi Commercial Customers.
8. Improve Purchasing quality results by assisting the Manager in studying, evaluating and redesigning processes as needed.
9. Proactively and quickly manage customer and vendor relations and issues and is responsive to escalated issues.
10. Facilitate the day to day interactions with ROi and Mercy vendors (contract and non-contract) in regard to product sourcing, order processing, emergency product needs, discontinued item resolution, product education, order confirmations, expediting, service issues and invoice resolution issues.
11. Assist in development materials and organization of presentations and meetings with customers, co-workers and ROi and Mercy leadership.
12. Travel to customer and vendor locations (less than 10% of time).
Co-Worker Oversight and Development
1. Interviews, evaluates and selects new staff members with input from the Manager.
2. Develops, trains, coaches, motivates and rewards staff and appropriately manages disciplinary issues.
3. Ensures that co-workers have a working knowledge of Purchasing, ROi Customer Service, CSC, CPS, Mercy Supply Chain and ROi GPO operations and are able to provide appropriate levels of customer support.
4. Ensures that co-workers are adequately trained on all software, technologies, work instructions and processes.
5. Objectively and positively lead and inspire team members to meet or exceed the keep performance indicators.
6. Counsels and disciplines co-workers according to approved policies, procedures and service standards.
7. Writes and presents prompt and effective co-worker annual performance evaluations.
8. Assist the Manager in the planning and facilitation of routine team meetings.
9. Assist and provides input to the Manager in developing, implementing and managing the quarterly Gallup/Co-Worker Engagement activity plans.
10. Approves co-worker time off requests, documents and tracks attendance and processes co-worker bi-weekly time sheets in Kronos workforce Timekeeper in accordance with department and company resource requirements and policy.
11. Documents and tracks co-worker attendance issues according to company and department policy.
1. Assist the Manager in developing, implementing and maintaining standard operating procedures and work instructions.
2. Assist the Manager in developing, implementing, monitoring, interpreting and addressing the results of purchasing metrics and key performance indicators.
3. Assist the manager in interpreting, responding to and addressing customer and vendor feedback on an on-going basis.
4. Assist the Manager and the Integrated Services Project Administrator in the development of reports and tools specific to Purchasing needs.
1. Assist the Manager in meeting financial objectives by assisting in the preparation of the annual operating budget, controlling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
2. Fosters and maintains a team oriented relationship with the Manager, Customer Service and Purchasing leaders, ROi Leaders and all co-workers.
3. Facilitates the daily relationship with MTS support services as they impact Purchasing tools and processes.
4. Assumes supervisory responsibility for Customer Service when the Customer Service Supervisor is unavailable.
5. Assumes the role of project Administrator when the Project Admin is unavailable.
6. Works with the Manager and Director of Integrated Services on special projects as assigned.
7. Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications and participating in professional organizations and conferences.
8. Attends meetings and represents the Manager and Integrated Service Director when the Manager and/or Director are unavailable.
Because you’re committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That’s why you’ll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We’re proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.