We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don’t believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careersthat match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
Supervises and coordinates the daily activities and duties of the ROi Customer Service Call Center for all of Mercy Health, ROi supported entities and ROi commercial customers while ensuring the provision of high-quality customer support through proactive solutions and decision making. Responsible for daily customer and vendor relationships both within and outside of the organization. In and Out bound Call Center services include; purchase order assistance and information including calling in rush orders to vendors, order status, tracking and expediting, CSC and CPS order assistance and information, sourcing alternatives for CSC out of stock items, customer requisition software and process training and customer communications and guidance relating to processes, vendors, the CSC, ROi Custom Pack Manufacturing, Mercy supply chain, ROi Transportation, Supply Chain Technology, ROi Contracts and all GPO operations. The Customer Service Supervisor performs all work in accord to the mission, vision and values of Mercy Health and ROi. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values and Mercy and ROi service standards.
Customer Service Activities and Relations
• Coordinate and monitor the daily tasks and workload of the Customer Service Call Center staff, redirecting workload tasks as needed while observing, developing, modifying and implementing processes to increase and ensure the daily efficiency of team performance
• Monitor call activity on a daily basis utilizing the Call Management System (CMS) and available call monitoring systems by listening, observing and interpreting reports and observations to evaluate call specialists performance and all service levels.
• Insure that adequate purchasing and business controls are applied to daily requisition and purchase order management.
• Ensures that all calls to the ROi Customer Service call center are answered and managed within service level standards in a pleasant and reassuring manner and personally handles escalated customer calls.
• Ensure that product returns and recalls are managed according to internal and government policies and regulations.
• Provide input and support the design and structure of the call center team, processes and technology to ensure maximum customer service is provided to Mercy Health, ROi and ROi Commercial Customers.
• Improve customer service quality results by studying, evaluating and re-designing processes as needed
• Proactively and quickly manages customer relations and issues and is responsive to escalated customer issues
• Assist in development materials and organization of presentations and meetings with customers, co-workers and ROi and Mercy leadership
• Lead and facilitate customer training on processes, software and technology in relation to Customer Service and ROi
• Travel to customer locations (less than 10% of time)
Co-Worker Oversight and Development
• Interviews, evaluates and selects new staff members with input from the Director
• Develops, trains, coaches, motivates and rewards staff and appropriately manages disciplinary issues
• Ensures that co-workers have a working knowledge of Purchasing, CSC, CPS, Mercy Supply Chain and ROi GPO operations and are able to provide appropriate levels of customer support.
• Ensure that co-workers are adequately trained on all software, technologies, work instructions and processes
• Objectively and positively lead and inspire customer call specialist to meet or exceed the key performance indicators.
• Counsels and disciplines employees according to approved policies, procedures and service standards
• Writes and presents prompt and effective employee annual performance evaluations
• Assist the director in the planning and facilitation of routine team meetings
• Assist and provides input to the Director in developing, implementing and managing the quarterly Gallup/ Employee Engagement activity plans
• Approves employee time off requests, documents and tracks attendance and processes employee bi-weekly time sheets in the Kronos Workforce Timekeeper in accordance with department and company resource requirements and policy.
• Documents and tracks employee attendance issues according to company and department policy.
• Develop, implement and maintain standard operating procedures and work instructions
• Collect and measure customer comments and responses that verify the level of service and attitude prevalent among the call center team, Purchasing, the CSC and ROi services.
• Assist the director in developing, implementing, monitoring, interpreting and addressing the results of appropriate call center metrics and key performance indicators
• Assist the director in developing, implementing, maintaining, interpreting and addressing the results of routine customer surveys and their feedback
• Assist the Director in meeting financial objectives by assisting in the preparation of the annual operating budget, controlling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions
• Fosters and maintains a team oriented relationship with the Director, Purchasing leaders, ROi Leaders and co-workers.
• Facilitates the daily relationship with MTS support services as they impact ROi Customer Service tools and processes
• Assumes supervisory responsibility for Purchasing when Purchasing leadership is unavailable
• Works with the Director of Integrated Services on special projects as assigned
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications and participating in professional organizations and conferences.
• Attends meetings and represents the Integrated Service Director when the Director is unavailable.
Because you’re committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That’s why you’ll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We’re proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.