We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don’t believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
Responsible for the efficient operation of designated routes and vehicles to ensure daily delivery of all services to the customer in a timely manner. The philosophy of the Sisters of mercy, the Code of Professional and Business Ethics, the Employee Code of Conduct, goes beyond expectations to satisfy the needs of our customers. Provides relief for driver coverage as needed, guidance to new associates; acts in the capacity of a Transportation Lead, providing direction to staff in support of and in absence of the Department Manager of Supervisor. Performance consistent with guidelines established by the Director of Transportation and the Transportation Management team will be essential. Performs related duties as assigned, performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and Mercy Service Standards.
1. Provides guidance and training to new associates; acts in the capacity of a Transportation Lead, providing direction to staff in support of and in absence of the Department Manager or Supervisor.
2. Performs driver relief duties as requested, responsible for knowing all routes within the Transportation department. Resolves/Dispatches customer request or concerns and reports daily activity to Manager or Supervisor. Responds to co-worker requests and makes sure their needs are being met within the Manager guidelines.
3. Monitors staging area each morning to make sure product gets out for delivery, reports to Manager if any product is left in staging area.
4. Attitude effectively practiced and promotes teamwork in all duties. Actions are consistent with objectives and goals for department, ROi, and Mercy. Able to maintain a positive manner with other co-workers/customers, to produce high volume, high quality work, in a close setting. Communication attitude effectively, practices and promotes teamwork in all duties. Actions are consistent with objectives and goals; Department, ROI, and Mercy.
5. Makes decisions based upon job knowledge and experience. Considers all impacted areas in decision process. Seeks advice when applicable, judgment sensible and reliable, dependability & completion of assignments without follow up.
6. Ability to identify, adapt, and pursue priorities, provides proper communication of unresolved issues in a timely manner. Utilizes available work hours effectively. Actively seeks other tasks upon completion.
Because you’re committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That’s why you’ll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
Education: High school diploma or equivalent GED.
Experience: Three to five years of supply delivery experience beneficial.
Other: Pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen. Basic math, reading and computer skills required. A department of Motor Vehicles driving background check for the state the driver is operating in is required prior to employment. Cooperation with providing the proper information is required for employment, must have a good driving record. Working Conditions, Mental and Physical Requirements: Drive a vehicle for long periods of time. Minimum lifting of 50 pounds required. Some delivery positions require many hours of walking on concrete floors, ability to reach and lift supplies and boxes of reasonable weight. Must be able to demonstrate the ability to safely and repetitively lift and carry a 50 pound load as exhibited during a post-offer function capacity resting process. Ability to use equipment: Motor vehicles ranging in size of cars to trucks with gross weight 10,000 but under 26,001 lbs GVW. Also a forklift, pallet jack (powered and non-powered), 2-wheel dollies, carts and lift gate.
Preferred Licensure: Possess the current federal Class CDL license.
Preferred Certification/Registration: Maintain a current Medical Examiner certificate.
Preferred Other: Effective maintenance knowledge of all vehicles. Good organizational skills with a demonstrated skill in human relations and communications. Required effective communication skills oral and written, knowledge in basic Windows (Excel, Word and Outlook).
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We’re proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.